Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Makes You Proud To Be British


I've written before that I'm cynical about the Left charging Conservatives with excessive moralising. Ask Lefties about the environment, City salaries or smokers and you'll see a performance that'd put Martin Luther to shame. What I didn't appreciate until recently was that the same deal applies when Liberals talk about racism. The self-same people who profess to lie awake at night agonising about the fact people parading down British streets in full Islamist regalia are not greeted with a round of applause by the Infidel natives are A-OK with this sort of thing:

Exactly one month ago today, I was traveling on a London bus when a well-dressed woman boarded with her equally-respectable son in his school uniform. Ahead of her was an elderly American woman, who said, ‘I beg your pardon, I didn’t mean to bang into you.’ This prompted a tirade from the Englishwoman -- let’s call her Lady E -- that resembled a verbal assault by a brownshirt against a hapless Jewish pedestrian in 1933. The American -- call her Mrs. A -- sat down and cowered as the tirade continued: ‘I rejoice every time I hear of another American soldier dying! You people all deserve to die in another 9/11. You are destroying the world.’


Personally, I'm just glad I wasn't on the bus, otherwise I'd had beaten the L3 whore to a pulp. But how many Leftists would even think she had done anything out of the ordinary ?

No comments: