Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Ever-Evolving Gospel According To The Reverend Dale

Personally, I'm thinking Iain Dale has been kind of hard on David Laws:
Sometimes, you just hold your head in your hands and think 'how on earth did people like this get through the candidate selection procedure?'....

[David Cameron's] called Laws to account and I hope any Conservative does the same if they encounter people in the Government who hold similar lawless, and profoundly dishonest views. They should be chucked out of Parliament for good - not just suspended.
Oops. My mistake. He was actually writing about Philip Lardner, who had dared to question the gay agenda.

Meanwhile, Daily Mail readers were treated to the sight of the Reverend Dale giving David Outlaws the written equivalent of a full Lewinsky.

So, for those of you keeping score at home, this means that if you think the question of who an elderly grandmother, running a B&B half way up a mountain in Mid-Wales, rents a room to is purely a private matter, you, sir, are worse than Hitler! On the other hand, if you think the question of who an MP uses public money to rent a room from is a not a private matter, then you, sir, are also worse than Hitler!

The good news is that if only we can trick Laws into trying to rent a room off an elderly Christian lady, the whole gay rights movement might implode into some kind of logical death spiral.

2 comments:

North Northwester said...

"There are some things you just don’t do... We don’t like baring our souls. And, most of all, we don’t like hurting our families. I know. I have been there."

And then straight [sic] after that: "I have wanted to be an MP all my adult life. But the thing that stopped me going for it was my own homosexuality. I grew up in a small village, among a community with very conservative views.
Despite attending a Left-wing university in the early Eighties, I did nothing to act on my ‘inner gay’. I went through most of my 20s not acknowledging my own sexuality to anyone but myself, let alone my own family.
In the mid-Nineties I started a relationship with my now civil partner, John. He would often visit my parents’ home and they all got on like a house on fire."

How's about THAT for not baring souls... or hurting families?

JuliaM said...

I think the only conclusion to draw is that everyone not on the left is worse than Hitler..